Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The prelude

Hey Everyone,
As part of my school program I am making this blog to inform you all of my experiences here at Kaleo. I hope you read and enjoy following my year with me as I hope to share what God is doing in my life and how he is doing it.

The Church I am at for the year is called Warmland Community Church. This past sunday was my first sunday. I went in early to help with setup. The sunday morning service is done at the local community centre so every sunday morning a few key people arrive early to set up the chairs and sound system. I really liked the concept of a church setting up because the temptation of calling the church a building is so much smaller. It is way easier to see the people who make up the church, the followers and the newcomers. The service as well was run differently than I had normally seen. It started off with the message then went to the music. I just enjoy the switch up after struggling so long with church formality and identity markers.

Tonight I just got back from the first middle school youth group. It was cool because the kids knew the returning leaders really well and were very accepting if you were willing to get in there. We mostly just played around and did name games tonight but I can see so many great opportunities for the year to come. I can't wait to hang out with these kids and just have some sweet fun.

Well, my first set of classes start next tuesday so I will have much more to say but until then, Au revoir.

2 comments:

  1. you didn't even mention climbing a mountain! or cuddling with me and bob on top... hmm.

    but you did mention identity markers, which is both very applicable to our courses and just in general something you would make note of, so that is very cool.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tim! I think we met in the summer (I'm friends with Matthew and would drop in to visit youth from my church)... anyways, I'm a K5er and one of your ParaKaleo's! Was sweet to read your blog. I really like your thoughts on Warmland and how you have already drawn that sort of thing from it. Also cool to hear that you're helping with the Middle School youth... that's the age that I run at my church too. Well look forward to more blogs and we'll have to start e-mailing! Take care bro
    Chris K5

    ReplyDelete