Had a pretty good week to honest. A little insomnia, some Camp Ministry Class, a major youth event. Lots of good things. Youth this week was fun. We had some kids there which is encouraging because they haven't been very good at attending lately. The cool thing to do is to chill outside youth group but not actually go in. I don't mind so much because we had a youth event on Friday which was incredible and I knew they would come to that. I am also anticipating some great experiences with the guys this weekend on at Mt. Washington. It was a struggle but we able to convince the guys to come and I am stoked.
I feel like I have breezed over the youth event. The story is, as with all youth events, it was completely confusing and disorganized as far as who was running the event was concerned. It may have been the New Life Church or maybe Camp Qwanoes. Qwanoes ended up running the show which was great because they are great at it. Then there was the question of how many kids were coming. could have been forty could have been three hundred, we had no idea. Thankfully it turned out that what seemed like over 200 kids turned up, sang some tunes, played a game, heard Justin Lenny speak hope into their lives and then ate some cookies. I should make note that Justin appears to the type who would seldom speak at a youth event and yet was refreshing for that very reason. He spoke little of responsibilities of Christians, or the fact that Jesus died for our sins, while the latter is important. He chose to speak about the visibility of God in everyday life and the intent of God to bring light into the world. Letting kids hear about a God who loves them and wants them to leave darkness and enter into light was so different than most talks I have ever heard about youth events. Better yet I think these kids really cared about what JL was saying. Very cool.
Yeah we have Intro to Theology this week and I can tell that there will be some good conversations. Pray for Kaleo and myself this week as we delve into some deep topics of great significance. Also pray for myself, the leaders and the kids for this weekend's trip up to Mt. Washington for some snowboarding. The night before is a youth event style thing plus a sleep over. I am hoping that such an environment might provide great opportunities for some deep chats and really let the boys open themselves up. I really want to hear their stories and what these boys think. Right now the relationship is somewhat surface level but I know that there will be chances for things get much more transparent. Cheers everyone, have a good week.
Tim

Hey Tim! I always enjoy reading your blog posts. Your passion for the Warmland youth boys is evident. I agree, before the Father, with all that you have prayed and asked for -- transparency, deep connection, openness to one another and to the Lord.
ReplyDeleteI ask that HE would give you eyes to see the unseen - to know how to reach these boys, to see what God is doing so that it will encourage and direct you.
Hope you have a memorable, powder-filled, safe trip!