Well this week was a simple week of hanging out. I have been working on my final papers for the semester and I am highly anticipating coming home for the first time in five months. And by home I mean PEI where I have never lived before.
So apart from homework I also had my final youth group of 2009 at Warmland. We had a x-mas party with an "ugly x-mas sweater" theme. In preparation my fellow Kaleos and I baked x-mas cookies and bought ugly x-mas sweaters at a thrift store. The party on Wednesday had rock-band, mario-cart, snacks, coloring and some prime hanging out times. It was a lot of fun and I had a great time with all the boys. Surprisingly they spent more time at the coloring table than anywhere else. I am hoping to hang out with them one more time before x-mas break. I also want to keep in contact with them over x-mas break.
On Thursday afternoon eighteen Kaleos and three out of four leaders took off for a youth workers convention happening in Vancouver. I decided to stay back and get some homework done. What I didn't realize is how much fun it is to do things in small groups. I have been used to doing everything with thirty other people but this week end there has only been ten of us. We have been hanging out in Victoria and Duncan, baking crepes and watching movies together. It has been a great time and I have gotten to know the other people here so much better. While it would have been fun to go to Vancouver, I have been loving the time here. I haven't done as much homework as I would have liked to but it has been a worthwhile time anyhow.
I just need prayer for a couple of things. Everyone is flying home and so prayers that God will protect us and get us home with no problems would be great. I also have to put a lot thought into my post-Kaleo plans. I still need prayer for guidance, wisdom and maturity in making these decisions. Thank you all for supporting me this semester and I can't wait for the second half fo the year. Cheers,
Tim

No comments:
Post a Comment