Monday, November 30, 2009

CHUCHY CHURCHY CHURCH CHURCH

CHURCH CHURCH CHURCH CHURCH CHURCH CHURCH CHURCH CHURCH CHURCH CHURCH CHURCH CHURCH CHURCH CHURCH CHURCH CHURCH CHURCH CHURCH CHURCH CHURCH CHURCH CHURCH CHURCH CHURCH CHURCH CHURCH CHURCH CHURCH CHURCH CHURCH CHURCH CHURCH CHURCH CHURCH CHURCH CHURCH. Guess what we studied this week? yep, math. Oh I gotcha. This week was foundations in church ministry. It was a sweet class. The Prof was David Ernst and he did a great job of making the class interactive. It made the class so much more interesting. I have always had many thoughts and frustrations regarding churches in north america and the north american Christian. Many of these were addressed and there a lot of scripture put behind it all which was really refreshing. We didn't have homework in the evenings either so it was a much slower pace than normal.
Youth groups was a little slow this week. Not many kids showed up and there were a bunch of leaders missing. We tried to talk to the boys but they weren't into it. We still hung out for a bit and it was a fun time. I did get to hang out with four of them on Saturday though. Matt Myles and myself along with a couple other people went into town and I invited four youth group kids along. We went to booster juice which was heavenly. Then we went to Bill and Ted's which is a skate/snowboard/surf shop. We just chilled there while some people did some shopping and one of the kid's step dads is co-owner so I got meet him which was really good. Then we went to a music store and I got mess around on an old mexi-strat and a vintage deluxe tele. (guitar lingo) I also bought some much needed picks. To end it all off we stopped by a McDonalds on the way home. It was a fun trip of just hanging out with the kids. It is fun hanging out with these kids. They are really cool and aren't little punks once you get to know them. Looking forward to youth this week, x-mas party full of ugly x-mas sweaters and Rockband.
All that is left for homework this semester is a couple of essays. Pray for me to finish off the first half of Kaleo strong. I am also trying to figure out some details for post-Kaleo life so pray that God directs me and makes the best path clear.
Cheers,
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment