Sunday, April 4, 2010

A murder has stolen my rage.

Hey everyone,
Hope all is good with Easter Weekend. This past week has been a lot of fun. We had a class called Studies in Christian World-view. What a class. Cal McFarland was our professor, what a guy. He was super knowledgeable, very compassionate, a funny guy and he was so confident on what he taught. We spent the week pondering really abstract and hazy concepts like the nature of reality, philosophies of life, problems and solutions to the brokenness in our world. It is a philosophy course so we studied the prominent world-views in the last few hundred years. It was super difficult to my head around but it also had some excellent timing.
Along with Cal came Rob Bancroft as his teaching assistant. It was great to see Rob again, he was my head counselor back in NB a few years ago and he came earlier this year with some other guys from B-crest. It was sweet to have Rob know me before the year started, come at the start of Kaleo and then come at the end. It was a great chance for me to reflect upon the changes that God has been making in lately and it is always a blessing to have a consistent friend. It was great to talk and spend time with him but it really hard to say goodbye. I am at a new stage in my life where I may go years at a time before I see my friends again. I don't know when Rob and I will be in the same room again but I sincerely hope that God doesn't let too much time pass.
Another thing that happened this week was the other Warmland Kaleos and myself got to run the youth group. We had prepared quite a bit. We had some gross and funny games, a little skit, a sweet egg throwing competition and Claire made some super delicious Reese squares; I ate more than I should have. I also got the chance to talk to the group about why the leaders were involved with the youth in Crofton. It was also a great chance to point out why Stevie G, the youth Pastor, works there all the time. I got to claim allegiance to a God who loves me in front of all these kids who we have been hanging out with for the past year. Next week is one of our last weeks with the kids and it's going to really hard to say goodbye. I have no idea when I will ever be out in Crofton next.
I guess there a lot of things to be praying for. Pray for the kids, summers can be hard on them around here. Too pray for the last few weeks of youth, that some really good conversations are had. Pray for Kaleo, that we end strong and let God decide what these last few weeks should be. while it is nearly over, everyone here will be dragging it out until the last possible moment and so we don't want to waste time. I really have been appreciating all the support that comes from the people who read this a pray for Kaleo, the youth group and myself. Hope that the mourning of Jesus' death over the past couple days gets severely overcome with Joy for the new life he now lives. Oh how he loves us.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment